Creators and Publishers can request an ISWC for their works by registering with the Local or Regional Registration Agencie.

Works Numbering

A work should be numbered only by a Registration Agency with the authority to do so.  Actual numbers are only assigned by the central registry.

How to Number your works

I am affiliated to a Collective Management Organization
Please contact your Collective Management Organization. They will be able to either assign an ISWC to your work or to direct you to the relevant Registration Agency.

I am not affiliated to a Collective Management Organization
Please go to the list of ISWC Local and Regional Registration Agencies and find the contact of the official Registration Agency in your territory. If you are not able to find one, please contact directly the ISWC Registration Authority on the contact page.

Please note that the ISWC Registration Authority is not entitled to assign any ISWC numbers.

Type of Musical Work to be numbered

  • Protected work
  • Non-protected work
  • Dramatico-musical work
  • Musical arrangement of a work
  • Adaptation of the lyrics of a work
  • Translation of the lyrics of a work
  • Instrumental version of a work with associated lyrics
  • Cadenza
  • Recognised excerpt of a work
  • Medley
  • Potpourri
  • Revision of a work
  • Individual musical work (cue) contained in the soundtrack of an audiovisual work